We've moved! Previously this website was running at a less than ideal facility. Over the weekend we moved it to a much better and stable host so hurricanes and power outages should no longer be taking the site down.
Eager loading cuts down on the number of queries that are executed when dealing with associations. Specifically, it circumvents the N + 1 query problem. Some of you may have already been using this feature as it has been a part of PHP-AR even before 1.0, but we never got around to documenting its usage. Please let us know if you have questions/problems.
You can read about the feature here.
Version 1.0 is now official. Here are the list of changes from 1.0 RC1:
- d2bed65 fixed an error with eager loading when no records exist
- c225942 fixed set methods on DateTime objects to properly flag attributes as dirty
- 46a1219 fixed a memory leak when using validations
- c225942 fixed problem with some model functionality not working correctly after being deserialized
- 3e26749 fixed validates_numericality_of to not ignore other options when only_integer is present and matches
- 53ad5ec fixed ambiguous id error when finding by pk with a join option
- 26e40f4 fixed conditions to accept DateTime values
- 41e52fe changed serialization to serialize datetime fields as strings instead of the actual DateTime objects
- dbee94b Model::transaction() now returns true if commit was successful otherwise false
The site is now running with Redmine. This means we finally have a forum for everyone that's been looking for that. Also, the guides are now powered by a wiki so all are welcome to add content you feel would be helpful to others in learning how to use php-activerecord.
After a long 0.9 beta we've released 1.0 RC1. Special thanks to everyone that submitted patches, bug reports and feedback. This release includes the following major new features:
We're happy to finally have the site done! We've been doing a lot of documentation and guides over the past month. If you're new to php-activerecord or just interested in finding out what it's about, head over to the quick start guide. We've got many other guides as well in addition to the api documentation.
Look for the 1.0 release sometime in the next few months. It should have new stuff like additional database adapters and other cool things.
If you have any questions and/or feedback please don't hesitate to contact us via the forums.
Also available in: Atom